Friday 15 April 2011

Fictional Space


Last night Catrin Huber gave a great talk about her work. She was an Abbey Fellow in 2008. She is exhibiting here right now - her show is called Hall of Fictional Space: Winter and Summer Residencies. It was lovely to see her again. In fact she is the person who let me in when I arrived very late on 1st April! Here's a couple of views of her show...





Today I am going to continue my hunt for an artichoke. I tried to get one yesterday but they had all gone - I think this is because from today until Sunday it is the Sagra del carciofo romanesco, Ladispoli - and it makes perfect sense to photograph one for the occasion! (I think the worst thing for me will be to actually pronounce the word carciofo in the shop) If I manage it, I will post a picture tomorrow...

Today I am going to start work on my halo. I found it the other day in the same religious shop where I got the giant rosary...


Fab isn't it!

I have got a bit obsessed with halos since I got here - what interests me most is the materiality of them in all the paintings that I have seen - they are so solid somehow.. I found another one which I am going to customise...

No comments:

Post a Comment