Sunday 10 April 2011

Being in Rome



I have never been to Rome before and have been here a week now. I am in real danger of a bout of Stendahl's Syndrome (basically you keel over at the site of anything incredibly beautiful - it's really true!)



I have spent this first week mainly acclimatising to living here - the weather is wonderful - really hot and sunny; and making my studio a bit more like home. I've spent a lot of time exploring not only the city but the very local area around the BSR - this is outside of the zoo which is a few minutes away..




One of the first things I did do though, was put in situ my 3 month pinhole camera given to me by the wonderful Justin Quinnell
(http://www.pinholephotography.org/)




Amazing that this got through customs (it looked well dodgy in my suitcase...)



but it will stay up for the duration of my stay - I wonder if it will come out? Or what will come out??

No comments:

Post a Comment