Wednesday 18 May 2011

Work in progress..

With our Mostra (Exhibition) coming up imminently, we are all feeling some urgency in getting work made. It's a bit of a juggling act really; I suppose I could just show some existing work (there is no pressure from anyone either at Photoworks or BSR to show new work at all) but for most of the artists here we all feel it would be good to show something new. It's a funny thing the creative process. I always find that although I might have a clear proposal for a body of work that I want to make, the environment around me at the time always throws up things which can intrigue, surprise and delight. Consequently I end up working on two or three things which are quite different but which each complement each other. This is happening now and I am finding the whole process very exciting.

Here are a couple of views of the studio...


No comments:

Post a Comment